Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dark Knight Poster

What type of colour scheme is used?
-Dark and analogus (colours are next to each other).
-Mostly dark blues/purples and light shades of white and blue.
-There is also a light green (Joker's hair) that can just be noticed.
-Dark red (meant to represent blood)

How does the colour scheme make you feel?
It creeps me out slightly but it makes me very curious. This is because I am curious as to why it is written in blood and just who the person is. However, in saying that I am creeped out by the type of person who does this and I am a bit uneasy to find out who.

What genre? Why?
The gene could be a thriller with horror elements. This is because the way the character is standing and the fact he is writing in blood is enough to say that it can either be horror or a thriller. However, looking at the colour scheme and the buildings in the background, I think the gene is more thriller than horror.

Is there a clear focal point?
My eyes are drawn straight away to the writing in red. I then tend to look at everything in the poster since its just something I do. Since everything is blurred a part from the writing in red, my eyes are drawn straight to that since it stands out so much.

What is the overall feel of the advertisement?
-Curious
-Wonder (who is the man in the background)
-Slight fear
-Dread
-Gives off a creepy feel -Excitment

Is the poster effective?
-Yes as it really draws the viewer in since the writing stands out so much. It also makes the viewer feel a range of emotions and makes them curious, therefore wanting to know/see more. The poster has been planned out carefully as it gives off enough information for the viewer to identity the person as the Joker from Batman but keeps enough away so the viewer wants to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment