Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reflection - Filming

Filming has taken a great deal of time but I think it has all paid off. From what I’ve seen off the film, it actually looks pretty cool. The scene where were walking up and down the stairs looks tremendous and the spell scene looks cool as well. I really think that this film will turn out awesome because of all the hard work all of us have put into it.

We encountered several problems on our journey to film our work but we managed to solve them. The first problem we encountered was when we were going to film. Since all of us live a busy life, there were times were not all of us could make it to filming and sometimes people would cancel at the last minute. I will admit there were a couple of times I couldn’t make it to filming because since there’s only my mum, she sometimes couldn’t get me out to where we were filming. Another problem was we needed to have most of the film filmed before the holidays because Zherlieen would be away for the whole holidays but lucky we were able to get most of it done. The last problem we encountered was cutting down the footage so our film would be at an appropriate length. We had filmed so much footage that we were struggling to cut out parts and still keep the film flowing. That was pretty much all the problems and difficulties we faced.

If I could start this whole process again, I would change two things. The first thing I would change would be the group’s time management. This is because we did not manage our time well at all. We wasted so much time on decided what we would do and how we would film so when we finally did start filming, it was either to dark or one of us had to leave. The second thing I would change would be the storyline. As awesome as this film is, its taking way to long to film and organize. I think that if we had done a simpler idea that we would not be in as much trouble or as far behind as we are. Those would be the only things I would change.
So far in filming, I’ve learnt many new and exciting things. I’ve learnt how to film correctly using a camera and I’ve learnt how to storyboard and how to do an editing list. As hard as this unit of work is, I’ve learnt so many important things and I believe that everything I’ve learnt will somehow help me in the future.

Overall, I am quite pleased but annoyed with how the filming has gone. I am really happy with how it all turned out but I’m very annoyed with how long its taken. Right now I’m just glad its over all with and we can now focus on the music and the editing of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment