Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Reflection

Adding on from the previous work the class had been learning last term, this term for our assignment, we were required to come up with a story, write a treatment for that story as well as draw a storyboard up. At first, I thought this task was going to be quite easy and would not take that much effort. However, as I discovered in the early ages of the assignment, it was a lot harder then I first thought. Coming up with a story I was going to use was very easy for me since I have such a creative mind. Writing the treatment was a bit harder since I had, as Mr Andrew’s calls it, wordiness. After looking back on my work repeatedly, I could start to see what Mr Andrews meant. So I re-wrote my treatment several times, hoping that I could cut some of the wordiness out and just have the important information there. However, later on during the assignment, I encountered a few problems.

One of the major problems I have was with the storyboards. To put it bluntly, I suck at drawing. Even my stick figures are awful! I thought this was going to be a major problem for me seen we were required to draw our storyboards. However, when Mr Andrews said we could take photographs and use them in our storyboard, I was quite happy since it meant I wouldn’t have to draw. Sadly, my photographs did not turn out that great since the girls who I asked to help me just would not stop laughing and because of this, it literally completely changed the genre. Instead of it being a horror film, it looked like a comedy. At that stage, I was ready to give up on storyboarding when an idea popped into my head. I asked Mr Andrews if I could use photoshop to simply photoshop people with the ideal poses I wanted into the picture. Luckily, Mr Andrew said yes so the issue with the storyboard was solved. The only other problem I had was my time management. At the beginning of the assignment, I thought I had allowed myself enough time to get everything done in time. Turns out I did not. In fact, I had not planned my time out well at all because I was up till early hours in the morning getting it done. I believe if I knew it would have taken me as long as it did, I would have definitively used my time more wisely. A part from those two problems, those were the only ones I had.

I am very happy with the final product (treatment and storyboard). I worked very hard on both the storyboard and the treatment and I would like to see my hard work pay off, mainly with the storyboard since at some stages I wanted to kill something because it was so frustrating. Overall, I’m proud of the work I have submitted and I’m glad that it is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment