Friday, July 17, 2009

Creative Media Term 3 - Lesson 1

This is our first Creative Media lesson for Term 3! In today's lesson Mr Powell discussed about our projects. He said that we wouldn't be able to start our project unless we had a storyboard and a character profile for each character. The deadline for the storyboard and the character profile is in 2 weeks. He also told us that we had to allow 2 weeks for sound too. This means that we have 5 weeks to film our project (15 hours). So in other words, we have 15 hours to create a 1 - 2 minute film. Mr Powell said we could do a spin-off of a fairy tale, a short story, an advert or basically ANYTHING! This got me thinking a lot. A few ideas came to my head but I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

The most important thing for my set is that it has to have continuity (meaning the background had to be the same). Another important thing is the lighting. It is very important that the light remains about the same but the most important thing is SAVING! Mr Powell said he wanted us to have saved our project in at least three different places (USB, Home computer and School Desktop).

Into today's lesson, I mainly worked on my storyboard. I decided that I was going to do a practice video before my main project. My practice video is going to have Bumble Bee (from the movie Transformers) transform from his car version, to his robot version.

What Do I Need For My Practice Video?
-Transformer Toy
-Black/Blue Backdrop
-Camera/istop motion

No comments:

Post a Comment