Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Star Wars Episode 4 trailer vs Star Wars Episode 3 trailer

The first trailer for Star Wars Episode IV bored me. The pace of the editing was quite slow and the voice over put me off quite a lot. The editing was slow and the shots did not really create tension or pull me in. It had the one piece of music and when it needed to be gripping it was the same so I found it hard to get into. The second trailer for Star Wars Episode III made me feel like I really wanted to go watch the movie. It had tension, adventure and the editing was done on a beat while the first trailer was just bits of film cut to fit the music (and some scenes did not fit the music to begin with). The music was gripping when it needed to be and subduable when it needed to be. The trailer only used the voices of the actors and had no voice over which made me more interested. The pace was very fast when compared to the first movie and the fast pace of the editing was another thing that made me wanted to see the movie. Overall the second trailer was edited better then the first trailer and made me want to see the movie (second trailer) more then it did the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment